Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A rose is a rose is a rose


Concerns

To be who I am for you
Is never quite enough
To be who I need to be
Would still be a bluff

The mystery herein
Lies with the reason
When your presence
Never lasts the season

So I flip the page
And ask myself this
Why waste the hours
When I know whats bliss
 
So take your time
And choose carefully
While I play my game
And live life happily

This is one of most recent poems but it's something that I've experienced quite extensively in my life. But not just me. It seems to be the situation for most of those around me. The expectation of life and society has both created and destroyed people and that's not an exaggeration as statistics would show. Take work, school, cultural groups, ethnic groups.. Whatever it maybe, there are rules that need to be followed in order to be accepted in your society. But what if we disregard acceptance(once again that word haunts)? What if we decide that living life the way we please with no concern to others/society? what is the outcome?

I know that I tend to be a little old-fashioned with my values and beliefs. But is it really wise to bring up children without knowing their heritage all because certain factors of their society aren't accepting of them or their lifestyle. At the same time, I personally have been subjected to some narrow-minded elders feeble behavior as my parents are divorced and I was living with my mother.

Forget family for a bit. Take the workplace. You may get promotions and better pay, but if you don't respect others and only do what's required for self-benefit, how many of your colleagues and employees will be loyal to you and the business?

So where do we draw the line? What do we change for others/society and what do we keep?

4 comments:

  1. Civilization and Education that our elders give us since we are born is about the right approach and attitude to face many things in life and Wisdom is the sharing of wise experiences and knowledge, but a lot of it is common sense. The difference is how we apply this common sense - we all have the ability to keep going even when we face challenges in our lives - basically it comes down to your attitude.

    We can have a positive attitude towards life, or a negative attitude. We can focus on the good or we can focus on the bad. and again Priorities and defnitions change with person to person with culture to culture.Live & Let live and live a life of the change u expect from parents, Friends, Bosses, Co workers, and rest of the world. Keeping a positive mental attitude is one of the key solution to adopt and adapt to the changes in life which can tell u where to draw the line.

    The choice is always up to you!
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Nice Pick. Your Poems and writings are Sensible . Give us More of them. Go Go Gal !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you soo much, shiva... I will write some more... thanks once again...

    ReplyDelete
  4. akka...meeru chaalaa ekkuva aalochistaaru kada!!! poem aithe too gud!! im speechless..and the explination following it is also real good..i cud relate to it!!! keep going like this!!!im sure ur blog will get world famous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Who's Online