Sunday, June 27, 2010

The first bloom..


As I sit in front of my laptop, contemplating what to say to the world, I cant help but think about all those times that I laughed at the word "blogging". I mean, don't get me wrong. Now that I've started it, I'm all for it but it's just an initial reaction that I believe everyone has for something new. First, dismissal, then fear, then confusion and when enough people make a whole lot of hoopla about it.. Acceptance.

Acceptance. This word has eluded my life quite a bit. Don't worry. I won't make this a sob story of my life, considering I'm a sri lankan and I know that there people in Sri Lanka that are in a worse of state. But its interesting that in every field known to man, acceptance is his aim. Money, fame and power comes straight after. To an actor, it's about accepting his talent. To a scientist, it's about accepting his creation. And on a more personal level, to a homosexual, it's about accepting s/he is human.

And for me... it's accepting that I am capable of doing great things...

This blog is intended to be an extention of me so forgive me if I ramble. Its how I am. And who I am.

"Vaazhvu thodangum idam neethane..
Vaanam mudiyum idam neethane..
Kaatrai pola nee vanthaaye..
Swasamaaha nee nindraiye..
Marbil oorum uyire..."


4 comments:

  1. No need to ask for forgiveness, its YOUR blog, you can write and say whatever the hell you want haha..that's the beauty of it! I seldom blog about my personal thoughts but in general blogging is great to get things of your mind and formulate thoughts. You'll be surprised how clear things become when you shape them in words, sentences and paragraphs! I love doing it when I am confused as to how I feel about a particular piece of cinema.

    Once again congratulations on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. grrr!>>!!! akka enti akka meeru...ippudu naaku personal blog start cheyyali ani undi...chesta kudaa..annte chesa kaani andulo raastaaa/..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Prathna... honestly u are my inspiration...but i will nick that disclaimer of yours.. hee hee

    Rahul, to each his own ra.. urs is just as good..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Conversations are the ideal form of communication in some respects, since they allow people with different views on a topic to learn from each other n blogging is all about it.

    As long as u r clear about the true motive & reason for coming up with your own blog, there's no need to worry abt Expressions n their acceptance. As long as you know what you want the people to know, you will never go wrong. There will always be ppl who will find truth n gist in your blog and the stuff that you feature on it. so my friend... just RISE n SHINE. All the BEST !!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Who's Online