Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Celebration

Its that time of the year where I either get asked or ask myself if I’m a little wiser. Most years I say no since repeat mistakes, still have regret and make a complete ass of myself at times where I know I can do better. The frustration mounts more when I expect loved ones to show minimum courtesy on this day. Friends are excused since my hold on them is limited to when I see them but family have little excuse in this world of Twitter/Facebook/Smses. High maintanence-ish as it sounds; it takes very little for me to bring a smile to my face on this day. So when I don’t get that call, I put on a cynical face to the world and cry a little inside. Not because I think they don’t love me or don’t have time for me. More at the realisation that I am slowly losing touch with someone that shares my blood. After all family is family.

Yet there are those years that I feel I have learnt something. Life in that one year has taught me something. I have let go of a habit. I have buried a grudge that I held. Or at a minimum I learn I will never try cooking like my mum at high speed because it means my kitchen looks a WW2 battle ground. But jokes aside, this year I have learnt some things. I have learnt that even the deepest pain will diminish. I have learnt some people will always be malicious. And the best part, I have learnt I need to give my dreams a fair chance before throwing them out. While I am still waiting for some bonds to reform, new ones bring joy, share fun and delight to a tattered soul. I thank you for all the love, support, guidance and compassion you have shown me. This means more than I can ever say or show.

So as I shared my new year with you and celebrated it with my painting called Time, I now share with you my birthday. All I ask is that on this day that I was born, you say a prayer to those that need hope on this day, bid farewell to those that pass on this day and give a warm welcome to the new arrivals.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, fellow Aquarian! What a lovely birthday wish, I think I'll keep that in mind next week my bday rolls around. And if I had any rainbow colored cake in the house, I would eat it in your honor.

    ReplyDelete

Who's Online